Recent Post

Friday, July 8, 2011

Facebook Gets A Sidebar Chat

Something strange happened today when I logged into Facebook. The site asked me if I wanted my chat box to be put on the right hand side-bar. I said “lets try it” and clicked the “Try Now ” button.

Upon clicking the button, my chat box was moved from the left hand side to the ride hand side. The box listed 19 of my friends which I assume are the ones with whom I interact the most. The new feature also includes a search box at the bottom which allows me to search any of my friends.

Assuming this is a new feature, facebook is probably testing it on a bunch of accounts(which it always does).

Tell us if you find this feature activated in your facebook profile.

Update: Clicking the Hide Sidebar option in settings switches the box to the current mode(on the left) with a maximize window option. facebook messages 4 Facebook Gets A Sidebar Chat

facebook messages1 Facebook Gets A Sidebar Chat

facebook messages 3 Facebook Gets A Sidebar Chat

0 comments:

Post a Comment